This was a fun project for me, but it was not without its challenges. The tutorials were easy to follow and the program interface was logical and, for the most part, user-friendly; it just took some getting used to : )
Unfortunately, I'm not able to upload images of my project for some reason (technical difficulties) BUT my design is my dream bedroom - a tiki hut with an over-sized bed taking up the entire space, perfectly positioned on my favorite plot of beach in the world in beautiful Antibes, France. I swear, I could be happy forever with just a bed and roof over my head if I could live in Antibes permanently. It is the most amazing place on Earth!
I tried to play with different shapes, colors, and textures, without getting in too far over my head. On the roof and support poles, I used brown wood textures. On the screens and headboard, I used lattice-like fence materials. I designed a comforter for the bed and placed a few pillows on the bed to make it more realistic. Without rendering these pieces, they still look a little boxy and don’t have the proper light applied, so I’m hoping to have someone at work teach me to render this in Podium soon.
I’m so happy we got to do this project. For work, we are having a company in India model our designer-created furniture pieces in 3D using SketchUp for the software program being built, so it’s nice to now have a better understand of the process.
Anyway, I hope you like my creation : )
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will.”
About Me
- Rosie
- Washington, DC
- Hi! My name is Rosie. I graduated from American University in 2008 with my bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, and French. I currently work full time as marketing director for a custom bedding and furniture store called "Make Your Own Bedroom" (aka: MYOB), opening in Towson this winter. I'm hoping to attend the Corcoran College of Art + Design next fall as a graduate student in interior design, which is why I am taking this course! I love what I do, but I can't wait to get into the interior design industry - it is my dream!
No comments:
Post a Comment