About Me

Washington, DC
Hi! My name is Rosie. I graduated from American University in 2008 with my bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, and French. I currently work full time as marketing director for a custom bedding and furniture store called "Make Your Own Bedroom" (aka: MYOB), opening in Towson this winter. I'm hoping to attend the Corcoran College of Art + Design next fall as a graduate student in interior design, which is why I am taking this course! I love what I do, but I can't wait to get into the interior design industry - it is my dream!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Artists That I Heart

Pablo Picasso – A eccentric Spanish painter. Founder of the Cubist movement. An inspiration to artists today all across the globe. Why I love Picasso? The puzzle-like shapes, the distinctive lines, the bold colors, the bizarre caricatures. 















Pierre-Auguste Renoir – A beautiful French painter. Style changed from Impressionism to classicism during his era. Celebrated beauty and the feminine sensuality. Famous for his focus on people in intimate situations and his paintings of female nudes. Why I love Renoir? The soft touches of color, the unique brush strokes, the picturesque scenery, the close-up view into his subject’s soul.


 




















Auguste Rodin – An inspired French sculptor. Criticized during him time as his most original work departed from traditional themes of mythology and allegory, modeled the human body with realism, and celebrated individual character and physicality. Why I love Rodin? The detailed curves, the textured surfaces, the size and scale, the character and emotion.




















Edgar Degas – A celebrated French artists, famous for his work in painting, sculpture, printmaking and drawing. One of the founders of Impressionism. Portraits are notable for their psychological complexity and depiction of human isolation. In many paintings dancers were shown backstage or in rehearsal, emphasizing their status as professionals doing a job. Why I love Degas? The beautiful dancers and stage scenes, the delicate use of color, the bold brush strokes.

 










Paul Signac – A fabulous French painter. Helped to develop the pointillist style. Many of his paintings are of the French coast. He loved to paint the water. Why I love Signac? The pastel colors, the beautiful scenery, the interesting textures. See my first blog post on Paul Signac.

No comments:

Post a Comment