About Me

Washington, DC
Hi! My name is Rosie. I graduated from American University in 2008 with my bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, and French. I currently work full time as marketing director for a custom bedding and furniture store called "Make Your Own Bedroom" (aka: MYOB), opening in Towson this winter. I'm hoping to attend the Corcoran College of Art + Design next fall as a graduate student in interior design, which is why I am taking this course! I love what I do, but I can't wait to get into the interior design industry - it is my dream!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Chateau Grimaldi

While studying abroad in the South of France, I was fortunate enough to visit—on several occasions—an old chateau in a small coastal town called Cagnes-sur-Mer. This castle on a hill, known as Chateau Grimaldi, was one of my favorite finds on the coast.

 

In one room are about 40 paintings of a Parisian cabaret singer, Suzy Solidor, popular in France in the 1930s. The paintings, all done by different artists, are such a captivating sight together. Each painting is so unique, yet so obviously illustrating the same subject. At the time and, again, now, it really makes me think about different viewpoints and how perspective differs from person to person and place to place. It’s amazing that one subject can be seen in so many different ways—change the light, change the angle, change the outfit. In a way, it reminds me of our latest project. By zooming in or out, what is seen of 3D object can change dramatically, and may or may not even be recognizable. 


Anyway, just something to consider. Thoughts?  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment