About Me

Washington, DC
Hi! My name is Rosie. I graduated from American University in 2008 with my bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, and French. I currently work full time as marketing director for a custom bedding and furniture store called "Make Your Own Bedroom" (aka: MYOB), opening in Towson this winter. I'm hoping to attend the Corcoran College of Art + Design next fall as a graduate student in interior design, which is why I am taking this course! I love what I do, but I can't wait to get into the interior design industry - it is my dream!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Washington Design Center

This week I was fortunate enough to visit the Washington Design Center with a few colleagues. We attended two lectures on marketing for interior design and a chair build demonstration. The lectures and demonstration were pretty interesting and informative, but really, my absolute favorite thing was walking through the showrooms. They are A-MAZING!

Each showroom is like entering an art gallery for textiles. Perfectly staged rooms, set with beautiful furniture and accessories. Walls draped in rich, colorful fabrics. Glamorous designers, impeccably dressed and playing their roles flawlessly.

My favorite showrooms were Duralee and Kravet. The fabrics these companies carry are out of this world. There are too many to classify with a few adjectives, but the combination of them all draped along the walls and showcased on elegant furniture pieces is certainly a fabulous sight. I was a kid in a candy store : )

Unfortunately the Design Center is not open to the public—you need to be accompanied by an interior designer to get in, but if you ever have the opportunity to go, I highly recommend it!

Here’s the link to the Design Center website if you care to learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment