The other day I came across this blog on typography that I thought was definitely worth sharing.
http://ilovetypography.com/
The blogger, John Boardley, posts interesting mini-articles related to typography—on everything from typeface histories and analyses to the announcement of new typefaces on the market. Overall, his blog layout is visually appealing and very appropriate for the subject. Interesting graphics are incorporated throughout and illustrate the article concepts well. While some of the articles may seem a little dry, the blog is purposeful, educational, and surely worth reading.
Enjoy : )
“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine, and at last you create what you will.”
About Me
- Rosie
- Washington, DC
- Hi! My name is Rosie. I graduated from American University in 2008 with my bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, and French. I currently work full time as marketing director for a custom bedding and furniture store called "Make Your Own Bedroom" (aka: MYOB), opening in Towson this winter. I'm hoping to attend the Corcoran College of Art + Design next fall as a graduate student in interior design, which is why I am taking this course! I love what I do, but I can't wait to get into the interior design industry - it is my dream!
This is an interesting site! Definitely an area I wouldn't expect someone to blog about. It really opened my eyes to the work that goes into typography. I read it took him 5 years just to develop a family of fonts...that's much longer than I would've expected. Thanks for posting the link! It was a good learning experience!
ReplyDelete- Amanda
Thanks, Amanda! I agree. I was really surprised by that, too : )
ReplyDelete