About Me

Washington, DC
Hi! My name is Rosie. I graduated from American University in 2008 with my bachelor's degree in communication, marketing, and French. I currently work full time as marketing director for a custom bedding and furniture store called "Make Your Own Bedroom" (aka: MYOB), opening in Towson this winter. I'm hoping to attend the Corcoran College of Art + Design next fall as a graduate student in interior design, which is why I am taking this course! I love what I do, but I can't wait to get into the interior design industry - it is my dream!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Project 2

Wow! I had no idea how tricky this project would be. I’m not much of an artist, but I am a bit of a perfectionist – so it was definitely a challenge. For Part A, once I got the hang of drawing my object, I tried to play with the positive and negative space, and with the concept of “zooming in and out” to change the perspective. I also tried to change the angle at which I viewed the object. How do you think I did?






















































During my visit to the CADE lab to scan my drawings, I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone and attempt to do the Illustrator work for Part B that night as well. Four hours later and still all I had were scanned images. Something wasn’t clicking for me, so I decided to sleep on it and take the next few days to play around in my older version of Illustrator that my college roommate gave to me.

And it clicked! Finally, after hours of frustration during my first attempt, I had it. I don’t know what changed, but somehow I managed to design something that looked like my drawings.


I tried to choose three images that would balance each other out and that showed different parts and angles of my object. I also did my best to position the three images within the set in a sequence that leads your eye through the images, from left to right. I think my favorite is the center image. If you haven’t already guessed, my object is a hanger, and the center image shows the back of the hanger clip.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you like my work : )







No comments:

Post a Comment